for season 2018/2019
2019/2 020 >><< 2017/2018
This page shows Access List for season 2018/2019 in UEFA Champions League and Europa League. It's based on Country Ranking 2016/2017. This Access List is official (already confirmed by UEFA). There are changes for following new three-years cycle (18/19, 19/20 and 20/21):
- Top 4 clubs from top 4 countries automatically qualify for UEFA Champions League Group Stage.
- UEFA Europa League title holder will always start in UEFA Champions League Group Stage.
- Added one round in UEFA Champions League qualification in a league route (Q2).
- Added two rounds in UEFA Champions League qualification in a champions route (two preliminary rounds, both played on a single leg).
- UEFA Europa League qualification will also be divided into two parts:
a) Champions route for league champions eliminated in UEFA Champions League qualification (champions route). This route will consist of 5 two-legged rounds - one preliminary round, Q1, Q2, Q3 and Q4 ('play-offs').
b) League route for all rest teams (all clubs qualified for EL + 3 teams eliminated in CL Q3 league route). This route will consist of 3 two-legged rounds - Q2, Q3 and Q4 ('play-offs').
- All clubs eliminated in UEFA Champions League qualification will play UEFA Europa League (qualification or Group Stage).
If CL title holder qualified for CL Group Stage also via domestic league, there will be following changes in champions route CL qualification:
- Champion of Czech Republic - from Q4 to GS
- Champion of Netherlands - from Q3 to Q4
- Champion of Austria - from Q2 to Q3
- Champion of Denmark - from Q1 to Q2
- Both P1 winners - from P2 to Q1
- Top seeded team in Europa League Q2 champions route - from Q2 CR to Q3 CR (not confirmed yet)
If EL title holder qualified for CL Group Stage also via domestic league, there will be following changes in league route CL qualification:
- 3rd team from France - from Q3 to GS
- 2nd teams from Turkey and Czech Republic - from Q2 to Q3
- Cup winner from Netherlands - from Europa League Q3 league route to Europa League Q4 league route
1) Because Liechtenstein doesn't organise the league system, only cup winner qualifies for European Cups (Europa League).
2) Lowest spots in England (6th) and in France (5th) are reserved for domestic league cup winners.
3) The limit of five clubs from one country in Champions League is still valid.