FootballSeeding.com will defunct in ...
More info at the homepage of this website.
for season 2016 / 2017
This page shows Access List for season 2016/2017 in UEFA Champions League and Europa League. It's based on Country Ranking 2014/2015.
Also in this season, the winner of previous UEFA Europa League (2015/2016) will automatically qualify for UEFA Champions League 16/17. EL winner will enter at least 4th Q round*, and will enter the Group Stage if Champions League title holder spot is not used (i.e. Champions League 15/16 winner qualified for CL 16/17 Group Stage also via domestic league). Of course, the limit of five clubs from one country in Champions League is also still valid. Only change is cancellation of EL spots for three Fair Play Competition winners (that means domestic cup winners from Sweden, Bulgaria and Norway will start in Q2).
* EL TH will play League Route (unless CL TH is from any country ranked 13th or lower. In that case, EL TH would play Champions Route). More info at the bottom of this page.
Update 19. 5. 01:30 CET:
1) Since Champions League TH spot is not used (winner has qualified for CL GS also via domestic league), Europa League winner (Sevilla FC) will start in Champions League Group Stage.
2) Cup winners from Serbia and Slovenia are moved from Q1 to Q2 and cup winner from Cyprus from Q2 to Q3. The reason is free spot in Europa League Q3 because Sevilla FC (originally qualified for EL Q3) has qualified for Champions League as Europa League winner.
Possible changes in Access List due qualification of Champions League or/and Europa League title holder (TH) to Champions League via domestic league (moves to later round in green color, moves to earlier round in red color):
- Both TH's qualified for CL group also via domestic league - 1st team from Greece starts in CL group, 1st team from Austria in Q3 CR and 1st teams from Malta and Estonia in Q2 CR.
- One of TH's qualified for Q4 LR and second TH for Q4 LR or group via domestic league - 3rd team from France and 2nd team from Russia start in Q4 LR.
- One of TH's qualified for Q3 LR and second TH for Q4 LR or group via domestic league - 3rd team from France starts in Q4 LR.
- Both TH's failed to qualify for any CL round via domestic league - 3rd teams from Italy and Portugal start in Q3 LR.
- One of TH's qualified for Q3 LR and second TH failed to qualify for any CL round via domestic league - 3rd team from Portugal starts in Q3 LR.
There are another possible changes in Champions Route, but they are very unlikely because need of TH from country outside top12. In some cases where changes to Access List of CL are made - there may be minor changes in Europa League because different number of CL Q losers moved to EL. More detailed informations will follow later (when will be known, which cases, i.e. changes, are actually possible).
Notes: 1) Because Liechtenstein doesn't organise the league system, only cup winner qualifies for European Cups (Europa League). 2) Lowest spots in England (6th) and in France (5th) are reserved for domestic league cup winners.