UEFA Champions League Seeding
2015 / 2016
This page shows UEFA Champions League seeding in season 2015 / 2016. All informations published at this page (format, dates, coefficients, places allocation, etc.) are based on UEFA's official regulations.
There are three major changes in new three-years european cycle (for seasons 15/16, 16/17 and 17/18):
1. Winner of previous season's UEFA Europa League will qualify for UEFA Champions League (Group Stage or 4th Qualifying round, for more details visit Access List for 2015/2016).
2. Up to five teams per country may play Champions League (previous limit was four teams). If both title holders are from one of top 3 ranked countries (Esp, Eng, Ger) and finish outside top four of their domestic league, the fourth-placed team will be moved to Europa League.
3. Seeding for Group Stage draw in Pot 1 will be based on Country Ranking 2013/ 2014. Seeding in rest Pots will be based on Club Ranking like always.
Moves in seeding of clubs
Changes in seeding of listed clubs may happen from following reasons (this page is updated regularly, after any change):
1. Listed seeded club is eliminated = all clubs with lower coefficient are moved up in seeding for the draw of following rounds (there are exceptions in 2nd Q and 3rd Q rounds, more info below).
2. Listed club is banned, or didn't obtain license for playing european cups (but given club will be listed at this page until fail of its final appeal in its country).
3. UEFA uses different coefficient of listed club due their mistake in counting (that few times happened).
|*||Club starts in 1st Q round||1. (2., 3., etc.)||Domestic league position of club|
|**||Club starts in 2nd Q round||Club in bold||Already qualified club for given round|
|***||Club starts in 3rd Q round||Coefficient in green||Coefficient may grow up (one of clubs from given country is still playing CL/EL 14/15)|
|****||Club starts in 4th Q round||Coefficient in black||Final coefficient (all clubs from given country are eliminated from CL/EL 14/15)|