UEFA Champions League Seeding
2019/2 020 >><< 2017/2018
This page shows UEFA Champions League seeding in season 2018/2019. All informations published at this page (format, coefficients, places allocation, etc.) are based on UEFA's official regulations.
Besides new Access List, there are another changes for this new three-years cycle (18/19; 19/20; 20/21):
1. Winner of UEFA Europa League will always start in UEFA Champions League Group Stage (and will be seeded in Pot 1).
2. Introduction of new Preliminary rounds (champions from worst 4 associations will play 2 one-legged rounds for one spot in Q1)
3. All teams eliminated in qualification will continue in UEFA Europa League.
4. Draws of all qualifying rounds take place before conclusion of the previous round. In that case, UEFA always uses the coefficient of the club with higher coefficient, despite given club may be eliminated in the previous round. In that case, its unseeded defeater will play in already drawn tie.
Moves in seeding of clubs
Changes in seeding of listed clubs may occur from following reasons (this page is updated regularly, after any change):
1. Seeding is based on an assumption that all seeded clubs progress for the following rounds. So if listed seeded club is eliminated = all clubs with worse coefficient go up in the seeding for the draw of after next rounds (but not in the following round due it is already drawn - see Article 4 in Format changes). Example: top seeded club is eliminated in Q1, it changes the seeding in Q3 and Q4, but not in Q2, which was drawn before conclusion of Q1.
2. Listed club is banned, or didn't obtain license for playing European cups (but given club will be listed at this page until fail of its final appeal in its country).
3. UEFA uses different coefficient of listed club due their mistake in counting (that has happened a couple of times).
- ~ = club starts in preliminary round
- * = club starts in Q1 (** = Q2; *** = Q3; **** = Q4)
- 1. (2., 3. etc.) = domestic league position of club
- Club in bold = already qualified for given round
- Coefficient in green = coefficient may grow up (one of clubs from given country is still playing CL/EL 17/18 and may earn another points)
- Coefficient in black = final coefficient (all clubs from given country are eliminated from CL and EL 17/18)