FootballSeeding.com will defunct in ...
More info at the homepage of this website.
UEFA Europa League
2014 / 2015
This page shows UEFA Europa League seeding in season 2014 / 2015. All informations published at this page (format, dates, coefficients, places allocation, etc.) are based on UEFA's official regulations. Changes in seeding may happen from two reasons:
1) any club did not obtain license for playing European cups (but given club will be listed at this page until fail of its final appeal)
2) any seeded club is eliminated (that means all clubs with lower coefficient move up in seeding for draw of following rounds, or move down if seeded club is eliminated from Champions League Q4 or Q3 and moved to Europa League)
* Club starts in 1st Q round 2. (3., 4. etc.) League position of club
* * Club starts in 2nd Q round C Winner of domestic cup
* * * Club starts in 3rd Q round C2 Winner of domestic League cup (only in Eng and Fra)
* * * * Club starts in 4th Q round Club in bold Already qualified for given round
ˇ ˇ ˇ Eliminated club in 3rd Q round of CL and moved to Europa League Coefficient in green Coefficient may grow up
ˇ ˇ ˇ ˇ Eliminated club in 4th Q round of CL and moved to Europa League Coefficient in black Final coefficient
Moves in seeding because clubs in red color were banned or did not obtain UEFA license (last appeal possible only at Court of Arbitration for Sport - CAS), clubs in green color are new in competition (they originally didn't qualify for UEFA Europa League):
- Tur / Q4: Beşiktaş JK (32,840) replaced by Trabzonspor AŞ (31,340) - (Beşiktaş JK was moved to Champions League)
Tur / Q3: Trabzonspor AŞ (31,340) replaced by Kardemir Karabükspor (6,840) - (original replacements Sivaspor and Kasımpaşa SK also can't participate in Europe)
- Ita / Q3: Parma FC (13,387) replaced by Torino FC (13,387)
- Tur / Q2: Eskişehirspor (7,840) replaced by Bursaspor (15,840)
- Srb / Q2: FK Partizan (14,825) replaced by FK Jagodina (3,575) - (FK Partizan was moved to Champions League)
Srb / Q1: FK Jagodina (3,575) replaced by FK Čukarički (2,825)
- Ukr / Q2: FC Metalurh Donetsk (11,693) replaced by FC Zorya Luhansk (8,193)
- Rou / Q2: FC Dinamo Bucureşti (13,451) replaced by CFR 1907 Cluj (25,451) - (original replacement FC Vaslui also can't participate in Europe)
- Hun / Q2: Újpest FC (2,825) replaced by Győri ETO FC (4,825)
Hun / Q1: Győri ETO FC (4,825) replaced by Diósgyőri VTK (2,325)
- Lva / Q1: Skonto FC (4,000) replaced by FK Daugava Rīga (1,250)
Differences in coefficients:
Coefficient of Derry City FC (Irl) should be 1,525, but UEFA (mistakenly?) used coefficient 2,525, which belongs to 'old' Derry City (and not the 'new' one "re-founded" in 2010). This change moved FC Tiraspol (Mda) among unseeded clubs in Q1.
Coefficient of Tromsø IL (Nor) should be 8,355, but UEFA (mistakenly?) used coefficient 9,855. That's probably a result of wrong giving the bonus points for Europa League 2013/2014, when Tromsø IL was originally eliminated in Q4 by Beşiktaş. But Beşiktaş was banned after this round and Tromsø IL continued in competition. Despite Tromsø IL continued in Europa League and earned another coefficient points, they also received 1,500 coefficient bonus points for beeing eliminated in Q4. This change may move HNK Rijeka (Cro) among unseeded clubs in Q3. Update 25.6.: UEFA corrected coefficient of Tromsø IL.