UEFA Europa League Seeding
2015 / 2016
This page shows UEFA Europa League seeding in season 2015 / 2016. All informations published at this page (format, dates, coefficients, places allocation, etc.) are based on UEFA's official regulations.
There are three major changes in new three-years european cycle (for seasons 15/16, 16/17 and 17/18):
1. Winner of previous season's UEFA Europa League will qualify for UEFA Champions League.
2. All countries will have a maximum of 3 teams starting in Europa League (previous limit was 4 teams).
3. The domestic cup runners-up will no longer start in Europa League (if domestic cup winner qualified for CL or EL via league, Europa League spot will be given to highest-placed team in league which have not yet qualified for European cups).
Moves in seeding of clubs
Changes in seeding of listed clubs may happen from following reasons (this page is updated regularly, after any change):
1. Listed seeded club is eliminated = all clubs with lower coefficient are moved up in seeding for the draw of following rounds (there are exceptions in 2nd Q and 3rd Q rounds, more info below).
2. Seeded club in Champions League 3rd Q round (or 4th Q round) is eliminated = all clubs with lower coefficient in Europa League are moved down in seeding for the draw of 4th Q round (or Group stage).
3. Listed club is banned, or didn't obtain license for playing european cups (but given club will be listed at this page until fail of its final appeal in its country).
4. UEFA uses different coefficient of listed club due their mistake in counting (that few times happened).
|*||Club starts in 1st Q round||2. (3., 4., etc.)||Domestic league position of club|
|**||Club starts in 2nd Q round||C||Winner of domestic cup|
|***||Club starts in 3rd Q round||C2||Winner of domestic league cup (only in Eng and Fra)|
|****||Club starts in 4th Q round||Club in bold||Already qualified club for given round|
|ˇˇˇ||Eliminated club in CL Q3 and moved to EL Q4||Coefficient in green||Coefficient may grow up (one of clubs from given country is still playing CL/EL 14/15)|
|ˇˇˇˇ||Eliminated club in CL Q4 and moved to EL GS||Coefficient in black||Final coefficient (all clubs from given country are eliminated from CL/EL 14/15)|