for season 2017 / 2018
2018/2 019 >><< 2016/2017
Also in this season, the winner of previous UEFA Europa League (2016/2017) will automatically qualify for UEFA Champions League 17/18. EL winner will enter at least 4th Q round*, and will enter the Group Stage if Champions League title holder spot is not used (i.e. Champions League 16/17 winner qualified for CL 17/18 Group Stage also via domestic league). The limit of five clubs from one country in Champions League is also still valid. This Access List is official (already confirmed by UEFA - see below).
* EL TH will play League Route (unless CL TH is from any country ranked 13th or lower. In that case, EL TH would play Champions Route). More info at the bottom of this page.
Possible changes in Access List due qualification of Champions League or/and Europa League title holder (TH) to Champions League via domestic league (moves to later round in green color, moves to earlier round in red color):
- Both TH's qualified for CL group also via domestic league - 1st team from Czech Republic starts in CL group, 1st team from Austria in Q3 CR and 1st teams from Northern Ireland and Estonia in Q2 CR.
- One of TH's qualified for Q4 LR and second TH for Q4 LR or group via domestic league - 3rd team from France and 2nd team from Russia start in Q4 LR.
- One of TH's qualified for Q3 LR and second TH for Q4 LR or group via domestic league - 3rd team from France starts in Q4 LR.
- Both TH's failed to qualify for any CL round via domestic league - 3rd teams from Italy and Portugal start in Q3 LR.
- One of TH's qualified for Q3 LR and second TH failed to qualify for any CL round via domestic league - 3rd team from Portugal starts in Q3 LR.
There are another possible changes in Champions Route, but they are very unlikely because need of TH from country outside top12. In some cases where changes to Access List of CL are made - there may be minor changes in Europa League because different number of CL Q losers moved to EL. More detailed informations will follow later (when will be known, which cases, i.e. changes, are actually possible).
1) Because Liechtenstein doesn't organise the league system, only cup winner qualifies for European Cups (Europa League).
2) Lowest spots in England (6th) and in France (5th) are reserved for domestic league cup winners.