UEFA Country Ranking
2016 / 2017
UEFA Country Ranking is based on the results of each association's clubs in the five previous UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League seasons. The rankings determine the number of places allocated to an association in the forthcoming UEFA club competition.
UEFA Country Ranking 2016/2017 will determine number of places allocated to associations for Champions League and Europa League in season 2018/2019. Because European season 18/19 is first in new three-years cycle, there will be new allocation of places for each Country Ranking position (on the right side of this table is unofficial access list). For results and full coefficients details visit season review 2016/2017.
Sort by: total - 16/17
1) If CL title holder qualifies for CL GS also via league, league champion from country on 11th place will start in GS.
2) If EL title holder qualifies for CL GS also via league, 3rd team from country on 5th place will start in GS.
3) Because Liechtenstein doesn't organise the league system, only cup winner qualifies for European Cups (Europa League).
4) UEFA may allow participation of teams from Kosovo (new member of UEFA since 2016) - league winner in CL P1 and cup winner in EL P1.
5) Example of allocating of places in European Cups (due frequent confusions): Austria finish at 10. position in this Country Ranking 2016/2017, so winner of Austrian Bundesliga 2017/2018 will start in Champions League group stage in season 2018/2019.
Numbers in columns indicate earned points in given season. Column "clubs" indicates number of clubs in current European season (still in competitions / total number of clubs).
There is access list next to the table (Champions League 2018/2019 in blue color and Europa League 2018/2019 in orange). Ordinal numbers (1., 2., 3. etc.) indicate league position of club and C represents winner of domestic cup. Lines indicate differences in allocations of places between final positions. Top row shows starting round for each club:
L4 - League route 4th qualifying round; L3 - League route 3rd qualifying round; L2 - League route 2nd qualifying round; L1 - League route 1st qualifying round;
C4 - Champions route 4th qualifying round; C3 - Champions route 3rd qualifying round; C2 - Champions route 2nd qualifying round; C1 - Champions route 1st qualifying round; P2 - 2nd preliminary round; P1 - 1st preliminary round. Please note - there is champions route also in EL (3 separated rounds only for league winners eliminated in CL).
This ranking will be final after Champions League 2016/2017 final match. For calculation details click here.